- Review the eligibility requirements below and confirm that you qualify.
- Download and complete the application forms below.
- Mail, email or drop off your application forms.
- Attend the no-obligation Introductory Workshop on July 31, 2015 from Noon to 4 pm. Details to follow.
- 18+ years of age or older
- College degree (bachelor or higher)
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Legally cleared to work in the United States — if not a citizen (see I-9 Acceptable Documents List)
- Registered with the Selective Service (if male, born Jan 1, 1960 forward)
- Registered with Employ Florida Marketplace
- Completed and signed application w/proof of eligibility documents (see below)
* Veterans are given preference in the selection process. For more information or to find out if you qualify, contact: Richard Hutchinson, Regional Project Manager, 954-202-3830, Ext. 3120, email@example.com.
- Interested in entrepreneurship / self-employment in tech-related industries, or going to work for a tech startup.
- Attend the Introductory Workshop on July 31, 2015.
- Willing and able to commit to the full 10-week program, every Wednesday afternoon between August 12, 2015 – October 21, 2015.
- Consent to participate in periodic follow-up and survey tracking for several years after the conclusion of the program.
- Signed consent to participate in the evaluation study.
Application and Eligibility Documents to Submit
- Alternative Contact Form
- Records Release Consent Form
- Copy of driver’s license
- Copy of signed Social Security Card (or employment pay stub or IRS form with applicant name and SS#)
- Proof of eligibility to work in U.S. if non-citizen (copy of Work Authorization Card or Permanent Resident Card)
- Proof of Selective Service Registration – if male born Jan 1, 1960 forward (copy of DD-214 is sufficient)
- Copy of DD-214 if a veteran
- Signed Commitment Form (will be handed out at the Introductory Workshop on July 31, 2015)
How to Submit Your Application and Eligibility Documents
You may mail, scan and email, or drop off your documents at a CareerSource Broward One Stop Center. By Mail: Startup Quest® at CareerSource Broward Attn: Richard Hutchinson 6301 NW 5th Way Suite 3000 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 By FAX: 954-202-3619 By Email: (please sign, scan and save in PDF format) firstname.lastname@example.org By Drop Off Days/Times: Monday, Wednesday or Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Tuesday or Thursday, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. CareerSource One Stop North 2301 W. Sample Road, Building 4 Pompano Beach, FL 33073 954-969-3541 CareerSource One Stop Central 2550 W. Oakland Park Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311 954-677-5555 CareerSource One Stop South 7550 Davie Road Extension Hollywood, FL 33024 954-967-1010
Selection Process: 75% Enrolled, 25% Control Group
Eligible candidates (as outlined above) will be randomly selected by a third-party Program Evaluator. NOT EVERYONE WHO MEETS THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND AGREES TO PARTICIPATE WILL BE SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE. Of the total number who sign up to participate, 75% will be enrolled in the program and 25% will not be enrolled, but will serve as a “control group” to gauge the efficacy of the program. However, those who are selected for the Control Group will be directed to other entrepreneurial training programs offered by our community partners and available through our One Stop Centers.
CONGRATULATIONS to Program 4 Class Winners:
CONGRATULATIONS to Program 3 Class Winners:
CONGRATULATIONS to Program 2 Class Winners: