What is Startup Quest?
Startup Quest® is a nationally-recognized 10-session weekly entrepreneurship program that pairs participants with seasoned entrepreneur mentors to create a business plan and investor pitch. Participants are placed onto teams led by an experienced business mentor and develop business plans for simulated companies based on real technologies generated by a Florida university, federal laboratories, or NASA.
Through Startup Quest, you will:
- Gain valuable entrepreneurial skills
- Learn how to write a business plan
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Meet, network and learn from experienced entrepreneurs
- Compete in an investor contest with awards
How do I participate?
To participate in the 2017 Gainesville Startup Quest, you’ll need to complete three steps:
- Confirm you are eligible
- RSVP for the Introductory Workshop
- Complete the interest form below
Am I eligible?
Startup Quest exposes educated professionals the processes required to form a startup company and develop a commercialization strategy for innovative technologies. Applicants should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or
- Associate degree with relevant real-world business or entrepreneurship experience
- Tuition Payment of $2500*
*Scholarships may be available for individuals who qualify. See below.
Each Startup Quest cohort starts with in Introductory Workshop. This workshop is open to the public and anyone interested in the program. At this workshop, you will:
- Review eligibility criteria
- Hear from past participants
- Learn more about the curriculum and training schedule.
Next Introductory Workshop:
April 12, 2017 (Open to the Public)
If you qualify for Startup Quest, you will be enrolled into the program at the conclusion of the Introductory Workshop.
Scholarships are available through CareerSource North Central Florida (NCFL), the Alachua-Bradford Local Area Workforce Board, for long-term unemployed and underemployed individuals.
Visit CareerSourceNCFL.com/StartupQuestGainesville to learn more about eligibility requirements, start an application for a scholarship, or join us for an Introductory Workshop.
Representatives from CareerSource NCFL will be on-hand to help assist with applications.
Startup Quest does not currently offer private financing.
How can I get started?
To learn more about Startup Quest or start your enrollment in the program, fill out the form below.