Have you considered what it would be like to own your own business, but don’t know where to start or what product or service to provide? If you are an underemployed or unemployed professional, consider Startup Quest® as a means to developing the knowledge and skills to create your own job.
Startup Quest® is a nationally recognized entrepreneurship-training program that connects teams of qualified participants with successful CEOs and entrepreneurs to learn the steps needed to transform an invention or discovery from our state universities and NASA into a product for the marketplace. The program gives professionals the training and skills to become entrepreneurs or bring their new entrepreneurial skills to an existing company.
WE ARE NO LONGER STARTING IN MAY – TRAINING HAS BEEN PUSHED BACK UNTIL JUNE.
Please RSVP to the new Information Session date here.
Our next session begins June 16th, 2015. We are now accepting applications!
How to Apply
Review the eligibility requirements below and confirm that you qualify.
Download and complete the application forms below.
Mail, email or drop off your application forms.
Attend the Information Session on June 16th 2015. at Feather Sound Country Club, 2201 Feather Sound Dr, Clearwater, FL 33762.
- * Registered with Employ Florida Marketplace at www.employflorida.com
- * 18+ years of age or older
- * College degree (bachelor or higher) *Will accept Associates with experience
- * Unemployed or underemployed
- * Legally able to work in the United States — if not a citizen (see I-9 accepted forms of proof)
- * Registered with the Selective Service (if male, born Jan 1, 1960 or later)
- * Completed and signed application w/proof of eligibility documents (see below)
* Veterans are given preference in the selection process.
For more information or to find out if you qualify, contact: Kate Head, Marketing Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org // 813-397-2060,
- * Interested in entrepreneurship / self-employment, or going to work for a startup.
- * Attend the Information Session on June 16th, 2015.
- * Willing and able to commit to the full 10-session program, every Tuesday afternoon between June 30th – September 1st.
- * Consent to participate in periodic follow-up and survey tracking for several years after the conclusion of the program.
- * Signed consent to participate in the evaluation study.
Application and Eligibility Documents to Submit
- * Application
- * Copy of driver’s license
- * Copy of signed Social Security Card (or employment pay stub or IRS form with applicant name and SS#)
- * Proof of eligibility to work in U.S. ONLY if non-citizen (Copy of Alien Registration Card)
- * Proof of Selective Service Registration – ONLY if male born Jan 1, 1960 forward (go to www.sss.gov for verification)
- * Copy of DD-214 ONLY if a veteran (must show characterization of discharge)
- * Signed Commitment Form (will be handed out at the Information Session on June 16th, 2015)
How to Submit Your Application and Eligibility Documents
You may mail or drop off your documents at a CareerSource Tampa Bay One Stop Centers.
Startup Quest at CareerSource Tampa Bay
Attn: Kaitlyn Head
5100 W. Kennedy Blvd. Suite 300Tampa, FL 33609
Selection Process: 75% Enrolled, 25% Control Group
Eligible candidates (as outlined above) will be randomly selected by a third-party Program Evaluator. NOT EVERYONE WHO MEETS THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND AGREES TO PARTICIPATE WILL BE SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE. Of the total number who sign up to participate, 75% will be enrolled in the program and 25% will not be enrolled, but will serve as a “control group” to gauge the efficacy of the program. However, those who are selected for the Control Group will be directed to other entrepreneurial training programs offered by our community partners and available through our Centers.