Have you considered what it would be like to own your own business, but don’t know where to start or what product or service to provide? If you are an underemployed or unemployed professional, consider Startup Quest® as a means to developing the knowledge and skills to create your own job.
Startup Quest® is a nationally recognized entrepreneurship-training program that connects teams of qualified participants with successful CEOs and entrepreneurs to learn the steps needed to transform an invention or discovery from our state universities and NASA into a product for the marketplace. The program gives professionals the training and skills to become entrepreneurs or bring their new entrepreneurial skills to an existing company.
There are still openings available!
Download the Startup Quest® application and contact 352.244.5109 to speak with a career developer about Startup Quest®.
Because this an evaluation study, all Startup Quest® applicants go through a random selection process for acceptance into the program. Veterans receive priority of service. Eligible and qualified veterans are exempt from random selection and guaranteed entry into the program. The training is offered at no cost to selected eligible participants.
To qualify for this program, participants must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Participants must be 18 years of age or older;
• Participants must be a U.S. citizen or be legally authorized to work in the United States;
• Male participants over the age of 18, born on or after January 1, 1960, must be registered with the Selective Service; and
• Participants must be either unemployed or underemployed at time of program registration.
• Participants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher education level or suitable self-employment or start-up company experience to warrant acceptance into the program as determined by the Regional Project Manager.
If you meet these eligibility requirements, download the Startup Quest® application.
Download and complete the above application and deliver to the Gainesville career center, 4800 SW 13th St. Gainesville, FL 32608, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with required documentation (social security card, drivers’ license and most recent pay stub) by Friday, February 17, 2015.
For additional information or questions, call 352.244.5109 or email email@example.com.